Australia is one of the best place to study either at the undergraduate or postgraduate level because of the academic and research benefits that are provided by the country’s educational institutions. Studying in Australia affords one the opportunity to pursue an outstanding education from leading institutions, reasons being that Australia is a leading provider of high quality education for domestic and international students and the educational institutions are consistently ranked among the world’s top 100 universities.
Studying in Australia as an international student requires that such student be proficient in the use of English language as the official language of learning in Australia. This may pose serious threat to international students without IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Such students do not need to worry as there are arrangements and exemptions put in place to assist such students provided they meet the stipulated requirements. In this piece, we will list top Scholarships in Australia for International Students without IELTS
Students looking for admission into Australian top universities can apply without IELTS scores only if they have studies from countries where certificates awarded are recognized by the Australian Education System.
This piece of writing provides a list of Scholarships in Australia for Students without IELTS
The University of South Wales is one of the largest universities in the UK, offering students excellent opportunities and prospects in their academic and research pursuits. The University offers prospective students who do not meet the IELTS score requirements a number of courses to prepare them for their studies.
The University of South Wales offers a range of generous scholarships for self-funding international students. You will be automatically considered for one of these awards when we receive your application. You do not need to make a separate application and confirmation of the scholarship will be included in your offer letter. The following scholarships are available for international students:
University of Adelaide located in Australia’s most liveable city is ranked in top 1% of universities worldwide. The university is among the highly rated universities in the world that is committed to education, research and innovation as it has been recognized by the US News and QS World University rankings as a leading research university. The University can accept other English Language Proficiency score such as TOEFL, Pearson Test of English or the CAE.
However, the university may accept other evidence of proficiency in English in individual cases. Students without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide.
The following scholarships are available at Adelaide for international students:
University of Adelaide Family Scholarships; University of Adelaide Higher Education Scholarships; University of Adelaide Alumni Scholarships; University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence Scholarships; University of Adelaide Global Citizens Scholarships etc.
Ranked in the world’s top 50, The University of Queensland is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. The University for more than a decade, have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world. There are several scholarships available in the University for International students covering the Sciences, Engineering, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences discipline.
The following are other ways put in place for international students who do not have IELTS to meet the English language requirements:
- Completed senior secondary schooling from a designated country where the medium of instruction is English
- Obtained a recognised qualification, score or test (and satisfied relevant conditions) listed in either equivalent tests and qualifications or interstate subject equivalents
- Successfully completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited university or institution recognised by UQ for this purpose
- Successfully undertaken at least 1 year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) post-secondary study in a designated country from an accredited university or institution recognised by UQ for this purpose
- Successfully undertaken at least 2 years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) post-secondary study from an accredited university or institution recognised by UQ for this purpose (you need to have undertaken your final year of studies during the 5 years immediately before your commencement at UQ), or
- Acceptable evidence of sufficient English language skills developed through paid or voluntary work experience in a primarily English-speaking professional environment for at least 3 years immediately before the start of your UQ studies.
Macquarie University is one of the top Public universities in Sydney, Australia. It is ranked #200 in QS Global World Rankings 2022. It is home to 44,000+ domestic and international students. Each year Macquarie University awards around $6 million scholarships, most of which are on the basis of academic merit, diversity, leadership capabilities, financial hardship and key achievements.
Macquarie University accepts another English proficiency score apart from IELTS and for students who do not meet the English language requirements, the University may issue an offer of study to them that includes English preparation program at the Macquarie University English Language Centre.
Bond University is Australia’s #1 university for student experience. Bond University offers one of Australia’s most generous scholarship programs, featuring a range of full-fee and part-fee scholarships awarded to the best and brightest applicants each semester. There are also research scholarships available to domestic and overseas doctoral students who wish to continue their education through a Higher Degree Research (HDR) PhD Program.
However, to be admitted to study at Bond University, international students must show evidence of English language proficiency. The University has provided other options for students who do not possess IELTS to be admitted into Bond University. They include applicants who:
- Applicants that have successfully completed secondary education (equivalent to Australian Senior Certificate of Education) that was taught and assessed in English in one of the eligible countries where English is the first language.
- Successfully completed at least one-year full-time equivalent at a post-secondary level (equivalent to an Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate IV or above) that was taught and assessed in English in one of the eligible countries where English is the first language (incomplete qualifications are only valid for 24 months).
- Applicants to undergraduate programs from overseas international secondary schools where the full medium of instruction is English.