Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) was brought up to inspire, elevate and uplift great minds to become innovators and make a change in society at large.
The ESED award was established to reward qualified students who are pursuing further studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage important contributions to the field’s collective body of knowledge.
Huge benefits are also attached to the ESED scholarship and this can be used to motivate qualified applicants to do well in their various career areas. And after fulfilling all quotas, can go to their respective countries if chosen and be beneficial.
Deadline: 11 August 2022
Study: Any Country
Degree: Masters program
Start date: 2022
Institutions hosting the event:
Any form of academic institution in the globe that has been accredited.
Students studying in universities in the global South are encouraged to apply to GSEP.
Master’s programs in fields such as zero-carbon energy development, sustainable energy development, renewable energy, and/or the power sector are applicable.
Amount of Awards:
Each year, about ten scholarships will be given out to different eligible and qualified candidates who have met all necessary instructions and are chosen.
Group to be targeted:
The specified groups sought out are citizens of DAC/OECD listed developing nations
Scholarship amount and duration:
Master’s students can apply for scholarships worth up to $10,000 per year for up to two years.
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
1. Obtain a master’s degree in zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric vehicles, energy storage, innovative electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or a related discipline.
2. Begin full-time studies in autumn 2022 for at least one full school year (two or three semesters). Students in the second year of a two-year program who meet this condition are eligible to apply.
3. Be a citizen of a developing nation or territory as properly set out by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
4. Must be determined to returning to their home country after completing their education to help it flourish.
5. Be a fantastic student. This include Graduates in the top 20% of their class with outstanding grades
6. The Individual Is dedicated to the development of carbon-free energy
7. He/She has a history of involvement in the community and is quite active in helping to solve problems in the society.
8. Is adamant on expanding their knowledge and understanding
Instructions on how to apply:
The ESED Online Scholarship Application System should be used to submit applications together with needed documents.
The deadline stated for the submission of application is April 11th, 2022 (23:59, UTC-05:00), although it is quite vital you submit as soon as possible.
To access the online application system and for more information on how to apply for this scholarship, go to the official website.
You can apply through the given link below.